Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary!

Tell me.. how does your garden grow?

I'll tell you how! It grows beautifully until a freak snowstorm comes along and kills all of your hopes and dreams, not to mention abolishes all of your hours of hard work planting flowers and bulbs. Well, this contrary Mary is ticked! Her garden is dying right before her very eyes.

You ask..well, why didn't you cover your plants with sheets. Because why would it snow twice in one week in March in Texas?!?!?!?!!? Ugh! Can you sense my frustration?

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE when it snows! I think it is so beatuiful. This time I I feel like cannot even enjoy it because I am so worried about my flowers!

So, that got me to thinking. How many times in life do I not enjoy something that I usually love because I am worrying about the repercussions of something that is completely out of my control? For instance, how many times have I gone out to eat at a lovely, expensive restaurant with my husband and not enjoyed it because I was worried that I would gain weight. Or what about all of those times that we have taken a vacation and I don't enjoy it because I am worried about what could possibly go wrong at my house or with my pets while we are gone? Hmmm... maybe this is something that I should be working on and praying about. Maybe I should be trusting that God's will will prevail and that there is no need to worry.

Hebrews 13:6: "So that we may boldy say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."


Our house covered in snow!


Our beautiful Bradford Pear Tree, which doesn't actually grow pears, but is beautiful in the springtime beause of the lovely white blossoms. Lovely white blossoms that are now covered in lovely white snow!


Some potted daffodils.


My sad pansies and more daffodils!


Awe...more daffodils!


I tried to perk this one up! Still looks sad though.


Hopefully my tulips will survie still. They were just starting to come up. No blooms yet, so I am optomistic!


Alfie's Peepee Patch! The patch of grass where I had to scrape away snow to get the dog to pee. He still wasn't thrilled about it!

No comments:

baby