Monday, December 10, 2007

My Christmas Cookie Party

This past weekend some ladies from my Bible Study class came over and we baked Christmas cookies! It's our second year to do this and oh what fun! We each supplied the ingredients for a recipe or two and then we baked all day long. It was a wonderful time of fellowship and a great way to get all different kinds of cookies baked!

I have included the recipes for my favorite cookies below. My grandmother made them every year at Christmas time and I always think of her when I make them. In the picture below they are the cookies with green sprinkles on the left.


Swedish Coconut Cookies


2 cups Butter (4 sticks at room temperature)
2 1/3 cups Sugar

Cream together. Then add the following ingredients.

1 ½ tsp. vanilla
3 ¾ cups flour (add gradually with other dry ingredients)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 cups coconut


Mix well. Pack into a 9 x 13 glass dish. Let it chill overnight in refrigerator. Slice into 3 rows. Then slice cookies 1.2” thick (very important). Roll edges into sugar sprinkles (red or green). Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes until light brown color.

No comments:

baby